Friday, July 14, 2023

C++ & LUA

 First, a huge THANK YOU to Alienhead Development Studio for providing me their source access from one of their previous game projects. I will definitely utilize the library of code to help develop my game in the Leadwerks engine.

Reviewing the project source gave me better access into the insights of developing a game with the Leadwerks engine than just reading API documentation. I will now be readjusting what I had been programming, and try to more directly get to actually making the game; not a game engine, not an editor; a game.

As I had warned in the beginning; I may end scratching everything and starting over. It was foreshadowing, I didn't even know, but I knew it was very possible because I'm new to the engine. I'm also new to LUA, I've only dabbled with it, but never tried to expose C++ to LUA and communicate. I'm very novice with LUA.

Until next update!


No comments:

Post a Comment

3D Landscape Basic Textures

 I thought I would add a couple textures so it wasn't just white. This is by no means a representation of what the landscape will look l...