Sunday, July 9, 2023

Introduction

 Hello, my name is Paul Thomas, and I'm a programmer. That's probably obvious because of the title of everything involving this blog. It's also obvious that I will be using "Leadwerks" in order to do some sort of "game development."

My history involves using game engines before Leadwerks version 2, and game engines after Leadwerks version 2. There is a large gap between version 2 and the latest version. A lot has changed over the years, too much to discuss here, so I recommend learning more by visiting the Leadwerks website at https://leadwerks.com.

During those times I also created a blog and posted several articles covering my development with the engine. In 2023, extra time lead me to Leadwerks. I purchased the professional license, because I want C++ access, and as I was reading the API I became nostalgic. I wanted to go back in time, create a blog, and write articles about my experience.

I have previous commitments already lined up in my schedule, so development may pause from time to time, but I will get back to the project. It is for that reason I will have to recommend following me on Twitter @3dmasons if you are interested in Leadwerks development, or game development in general.

Another disclaimer is that I am dynamically building this game in Leadwerks, while learning the Leadwerks API, so this all could be hit or miss. I may even make a backup, scratch the whole project, and try again. The future is unknown to me at the time of writing this article, and I don't have anything already written to share like a tutorial.

All of that out of the the way I'm going to get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment

3D Landscape Basic Textures

 I thought I would add a couple textures so it wasn't just white. This is by no means a representation of what the landscape will look l...