Sunday, July 9, 2023

Project

To begin, I need to start a project, and thankfully this part is mostly automated by Leadwerks. Specifically the "Leadwerks Project Manager."
I had decided to use the "Multiplayer Game" Project Template, because more example code is always better at this point. The game name is "Scavenge" and I'm storing everything in a "Leadwerks" directory. I generally do the same for all engines I use either personally or commercially.

The Visual Studio 2017 solution file is in "Projects/Windows" and everything seems ready to go including the solution property settings. I will be going through them in more detail later, but I want to see the results with everything set to default.

The project manager had also created three files within the "Source" directory: "App.h", "App.cpp", and "main.cpp" I will most likely delete these files, but for testing purposes I'm going to launch as-is.
It compiled fine and it ran just fine.
Great!

I guess it's time to read the provided example C++ files, and the example LUA files.

My next article will be officially setting up my own way of starting and working with Leadwerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

3D Landscape Basic Textures

 I thought I would add a couple textures so it wasn't just white. This is by no means a representation of what the landscape will look l...