Sunday, July 9, 2023

And We Begin

 I began by deleting the files created by the Leadwerks Project Manager. I simply want to start with my files and entry point.

I created "Scavenge.h" and "Scavenge.cpp" which will serve a few purposes in the future, but is also my entry point.


This leads to the "Game" class that you see in the source code.

Essentially similar to the provided "App" class, this is a simple class that creates the window, creates the context, creates the world, and then updates the time, updates the world, renders the world, and updates the context. A simple version of this is provided by the Leadwerks API found here: https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=API-Reference_Object_World_Create

I am searching a reliable way to share the "Game" class, so for now, here is a screen-shot of the header:


The "Game" class isn't complicated, and while I was creating it I had another nostalgic moment thinking about older games. Therefore I built the class thinking of a console (Nintendo?) powering on, and off. I may perhaps even add a way to "insert" a class considered to be a "Cartridge." Who knows?

Compiling, no errors, and the window launches. If I click the close button on the window or hit the escape key the program ends without issue. I am ready to continue, but I have some thinking and planning to do, and that may involve something similar to the game "cartridge" idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

3D Landscape Basic Textures

 I thought I would add a couple textures so it wasn't just white. This is by no means a representation of what the landscape will look l...