Monday, July 10, 2023

Day Two

 I finished the day yesterday adding a "Settings" class to handle user defined settings, and in the future key binds. I also added helpers to print logs to the console that includes the file path, time, line, and the message. I recommend making your own console logging method. Friends had suggested libraries, but they keep forgetting I'm not making any type of engine or editor. I'm just making a game, and I don't think I need anything elaborate for debugging. Not to mention I have Visual Studio.


At the moment the settings file looks like:

anisotropy=0
antialias=0
fullscreen=0
height=768
light_quality=1
maxfps=0.000000
terrain_quality=0
texture_detail=1
title=Scavenge
trilinear_filter=0
vsync=0
water_quality=1
width=1024

These settings are not yet applied, but that begins to describe the plans for today.

I should say, a few of these are already implemented as part of the game initialization process, but the rest of the settings need to be applied. Otherwise the application will revert to the default settings even if the user saved custom settings.

That brings me to key binds. I'm not sure how to approach this yet, but I'm brainstorming.

I will write another article at the end of the day to update my progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment

3D Landscape Basic Textures

 I thought I would add a couple textures so it wasn't just white. This is by no means a representation of what the landscape will look l...